When you’re procuring equipment for liquid deicing, you can’t take any chances. When using it, you’re on a tight timeline in freezing temperatures and you need to perform. Here are some things to make sure of when deciding on equipment for de-icing.
1. Simplicity & Timeliness:
- Simple Design: The less complicated the design and operation is, then less training is required to operate it. This will help you be more efficient and minimize breakdowns on the job.
- Name brand components: Having equipment with premium name brand components will increase the likelihood that they are available locally for timeliness when you need replacements.
- Easy replacement of wearing parts: Using cam-locks fittings and other quick release functions makes it easy to unhook and replace wearing parts to make it less hassle
- Fast fill system: Having a quick way to hook up and fill your tank in minimal time will no-doubt increase your efficiency.
- Corrosion free: Using corrosion free components like stainless steel & poly makes the unit last longer and stay cleaner.
3. User Experience: Ease of use for providing quick service
- Easily adjustable boom mount: Having a boom mount that is quickly adjustable to the exact height you desire gives you more control of your application.
- Fork points: The ability to easily move your unit with forks is a must have. This will save you much time and energy.
- Fully drain-able tank: Having a sump bottom or fully drainable tank is essential for completely draining your tank during seasonal storage or if you need to switch out the liquid.
- In-cab controls: Having a solenoid control kit running into your cab is essential to stay comfortable and in top performance during those cold hours on the job.
- Side output port: An output port to easily fill a sidewalk sprayer makes life simple and easy.
4. Consistent Application
- Pump Filtration: A quality inline filter mounted to the suction side of the pump will avoid nozzle plugging & inconsistent spray patterns.
- Hi-vis: A bright or highly visible unit will maintain safety.
- Surge control: Baffle balls will majorly increase the stabilization of the vehicle and make it transport like a fixed load.
Liquid Storage Equipment
- Corrode Proof Material: Stainless fittings & tank material will keep your tank corrode proof, increasing the safety and longevity of your storage.
- 10-Year Warranty: It's simple. Get an awesome warranty. At Ice Master Systems all tanks come with a whopping 10 year warranty (free of charge).
- Robust Structure: With design like the Strong-X™ roof & Ribbed Wall™ tank walls you know you're safe storing liquid brine with no worries.
3. Ease of Use
- Fully drain-able tank: Definitely get a tank with a sump bottom so you can fully drain and clean your storage tanks.
- Light colored tank: A lighter tank will give you the ability to easily see the liquid level in your tank without having to check through the lid. Quick and easy.
- Lifting lugs: Having lifting points on the top of your tank makes it much easier when you are installing your storage tanks.