UTV Spraying: 5 Handy Tips from Farmers
Here are some smart ways to use your UTV sprayer. These 5 examples or tips have come from farmers that rely on their equipment to help them be more efficient.
- Spraying field corners - Sometimes field corners are hard to reach with a large sprayer. Farmers use UTV sprayers to reach these areas. This ensures the entire field gets covered properly.
- Spraying near waterways - Near water ways the soil can get very soft and soggy. Instead of spending a whole day pulling your high wheeled sprayer out, you can spray with a much lighter sprayer using your UTV.
- Spraying in wet conditions - Because a utility vehicle is much lighter than a large self-propelled sprayer, when the soil is wet you can still spray. Read the story below about a farmer that proved this.
- Spraying around power lines and center pivots - With a large self-propelled it is hard to spray close to a poll or center pivot. Having a UTV allows you to easily and quickly spray those areas.
- Spraying on rough terrain - UTV's are great for rough terrain. When weeds grow on hills, with a boomless nozzle you easily reach those rough areas.
A Real Story from a Real Farmer
We had a customer in Illinois that used his UTV sprayer when it was too wet to pull out his high-wheeled sprayer. This is what he said.
"I Finished the job without ruts and the corn is sprayed before more heavy rains tonight. I wouldn’t be without one of these on my farm." - Josh Lofton, Cobden, ILundefined
Knowing these tips will help you understand how to save more time when spraying on your farm or ranch. Although there are many other applications where a UTV sprayer is handy, these are the most popular. If you have any other tips for spraying with your UTV, you can make a comment below. We would love to learn about how you use your utility sprayer.