Finding the right UTV sprayer for the right application can be tough. While there are many options to pick from, it is important to consider what determines a high quality UTV sprayer with the best ROI. After hearing a lot of positive and negative feedback from customers that own a UTV sprayer, we have learnt what makes up a great sprayer. These 5 features discussed will help you learn what to look for when making that final decision.
What you Should Know Before You Begin Searching
There are 3 points you should know before you start looking for a UTV sprayer. Answering these simple questions will help you consider what shape and style sprayer system you should start considering. This will save you a lot of time.
- What are you spraying? - Knowing what type of weed you are spraying will determine what pressure your pump needs to be and what type of nozzles you need on your spray wand or boom. It will also help you decide what type of chemical you need to use. This will make a big difference as your pump and plumbing must have the correct seals so they don't corrode.
- Where will you be spraying? - Thinking about where you will be taking this sprayer should determine what type of attachments the sprayer needs. For example, if you spraying on rough terrain or hills, you will need to be able to use a boomless nozzle.
- How often will you be spraying? - Using your sprayer once a year or once a week will help you to determine how durable your sprayer needs to be. If you are only spraying once a year a cheap option may be the best choice. If you are spraying more than this, I suggest you start to look at sprayers that are built for this.
A Complete Walkaround
5 Things to Look for When Making the Purchase:
After you have answered the questions above, it's time to start thinking about what makes a great sprayer. Most features on a UTV sprayer are essential. However, finding a UTV sprayer that comes with bonus features that will help you save time and money is worth considering. Here is a list of 5 things to look for.
- Pressure Control - Being able to control your boom pressure from the seat of your UTV is the new standard. When looking for a new UTV sprayer, make sure you don't have to get out of your UTV to adjust the pressure.
- Tank Drainage - If the tank on the sprayer is not drainable, you will have trouble cleaning it out when you need to change chemical types. Make sure the base of the tank is sloped to ensure 100% drainage.
- Sprayer Attachments - Having a sprayer that can handle several boom attachments is handy. When looking for a UTV sprayer, be sure you consider what boom attachments you want.
- Algae Resistant - Having a tank on your sprayer that stops algae growth is more important than we realize. If your sprayer sits in the sun and your tank sidewalls are see-through, algae will begin to grow. Make sure the tank has a solid color to stop algae growth. Not white.
- Easy to Lift - Your UTV sprayer must be easy to put in and take out of your utility vehicle bed. That means that forkable points are a must.
Related Video: Customer Story
When purchasing a sprayer for your UTV, there is a lot to think about. Although there are a lot of other features that make a great UTV sprayer, having the things above I mentioned is a must. I hope passing on this information we have learned will help you make a better decision.